Tuesday, December 2, 2008

RIP Rajoo the sot...!

(Written on 31-July-2001 in an email to collegues.)

This is an elegy,
To the Rajoo who for beer and vodka had no allergy!
RIP (Rest In Peace) his beloved soul and not in hell fry,
For, as of 22:15 July 30, 2001 AD, he has gone permanently dry!

Farewell, farewell to those nights at NASA,
When pitchers were gulped down with no care for paisa!
Beer, gin, whisky, tequila, wine, vodka and rum,
It was nice so long as it lasted, so long! and
   Hope we meet again after I break my "dum"!

The hours of fun I spent at the Tavern
Will definitely my memories of you for life govern!
Goodbye, goodbye you wicked old bottled spirit
   Or, should I say, spirited bottle?
I have found my own sweet angel
   And wish no more for a genie-in-a-bottle!

Go find another liver to cirrhos-ise,
Go find somebody else's family to wetten their eyes!
As millions of families are ruined and hard-earned monies
   are wasted in search of a few hours of high,
I hope and pray my friends too find their angels to dry them
   in some time and some place, very, very nigh!

- Rajoo, the d(r)ied one.

No comments: