Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Love At Second Drive!

A review on Matiz 
Written on: 31-0ct-2000 
Pros: Strikes straight at your heart! 
Cons: Bigger engine needed! 

On the first (test) drive, the drawbacks of the Matiz were glaring: 
* Underpowered engine (especially when you turn on the AC). 
* Sloppy gearshift (especially from third to second and fifth to fourth). 
* Inter-changed light and wiper sticks on the steering column. 

The test drive of the Santro drove me back to Matiz: The engine noise was unaccpetable. The WagonR I had ruled out due to the very, very high cost of the spare parts: On an average seven to ten times costlier than those of the Matiz or Santro!! And so here I am, the proud owner of a week-old Matiz SA. And what's more, LOVING IT!! 

The Matiz endears itself to you the more you drive it: 
* The under-powered engine I've gotten used to (I can now down-shift and turn off the AC in one clean, smooth sweep as I approach a slope :-). 
* The sloppy gear-shift is no more sloppy (though I had to un-learn a few year's worth of gear-shifting experience). 
* The light and wiper control sticks befuddle no more (though the correct ones on my sister's car do). 

But umm ... could I have a bigger engine please? Also, isn't there any law against switching the light and wiper sticks? I think this is a big security risk! 

Altogether, Love At Second Drive!! 

Quality of ride: Smooth as silk 
Is your vehicle new or used?: New 
Cost of spares and servicing: Reasonable Mileage (kms per litre): 10-15 
Would you recommend this car to your friend?: Yes 

No comments: